Everyone has their own ideas of what it takes to win, but have you given some thought to losing? I’d like to give you some common sense advise…only play with what you can afford to lose or purchase. I say this because I’ve seen so many newbies that really don’t understand how the auction site works and they just keep clicking the bid button, only to waste bids and lose the auction. Be patient…and if you wait I promise you DealDash will have the same auction again, and if not, I’m sure you will find a better item to bid on next time!
Here are a few tips, many you have read before and some that need to be restated again:
(1) Play the game your way…I always do this no matter what others do.
(2) Set an amount within your budget and stick to it. This keeps you from overbidding. (Ok…that’s the finance major coming out of me!)
(3) When you play, play for items you really want or need and if you lose the auction, be prepared to purchase it. This is a win win for you too.
(4) Since DealDash gives you free bids for posting pictures of your wins (somethings are not included so make sure you read and find out what to post) use those bids to play foolishly. This way, if you don’t win and can’t buy the item you haven’t used your own money.
(5) Let the clock run down so that you and everyone can earn those free bids.
(6) Purchase bids when you see them on sale so you always have some on hand when you find something you would like to bid on. This saves you money too!
(7) Enjoy the auctions, read the blogs to see what and how others play, and develop your own strategy!
Enough said for today, but I’ll keep you posted with any updates I have. Wishing each of you successful bidding in 2014.