Computer yoga is the newest rage for people who are short on time but need to get a workout in. Read on for some tips and tricks from DealDash.
If you’re sitting at your computer right now, I bet your neck muscles and upper back are a little tight and sore. Did you know that you can fix that right from your computer chair? That’s right, there’s no need to go to the gym or even leave the office to do computer yoga. Let DealDash explain computer yoga to you.
Why Do Computer Yoga
Computer yoga is an excellent solution for people who would like to do yoga but simply don’t have the time. Computer yoga is also great for people who are extremely out of shape and need to take things slowly and carefully during yoga. There is a class at the YMCA called “Gentle Yoga,” but this is even more gentle than that!
When Should you Do Computer Yoga?
You should do computer yoga when your muscles are feeling tight from sitting and staring at your computer screen for too long. Take a little break. Do this computer yoga exercise whenever you can. It’s very easy, and you’ll be relaxed in just a few minutes. Computer yoga will help to take away some of the tension felt in your body, especially in the neck and upper back area. It will calm your mind through meditation and self-questioning. Computer yoga is the office worker’s and writer’s answer to remaining positive through the day; ideally, practicing computer yoga daily will help you to remain positive throughout your daily routine.
It will calm also your mind, not unlike meditation. Computer yoga can help you relax and feel relaxed and positive throughout your day. If you are able to maintain a regular schedule of computer yoga, your body and mind will thank you. Here are some simple computer yoga exercises that you can do at your desk.
Try These Computer Yoga Exercises
- Turn your head left and right slowly 10 times. Next, forward and backward 10 times. This will loosen up your neck muscles.
- Move your shoulders up and down, trying to bring them to your ears. Do this 10 times. Find the way that works best for you. Next, roll them forward for 10 repetitions, and then roll them backward for 10 repetitions. This will loosen up your shoulder muscles.
- First, inhale and lift your arms; clasp your hands and invert your palms. Lean to your left. Hold for 5 breaths, then switch sides.
- Then, turn to your left. Use your left hand on the back of the chair to deepen the twist. Hold for 5 breaths, then twist to the other side.
- Finally, sit at the edge of your chair, press your hands down on either side of your hips and raise your legs and bottom up off the seat. Tense your deep abdominal muscles and try to keep the tops of your shoulders down; hold for 3 breaths. Lower and repeat 2 more times.
You’re done! Try to find the time to do these simple exercises every day to keep your blood flowing and your mind focused.
I hope that you found this new DealDash article on computer yoga helpful. If you are shopping for a computer, desk chair, or exercise equipment, check DealDash first. DealDash has it all! Visit DealDash now. DealDash wants to make you happy and healthy. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!