Kids are great – they are funny, cute, and want to be like you. Let them help you clean with these kid-safe cleaners from DealDash.
Every little kid wants to be like their mommy, daddy, or grandparent. Put that wonderful fact to good use by letting them help you clean. But wait – those cleaners full of chemicals can be dangerous to little people who might accidentally get it in their eyes or mouth. Fix that dangerous problem by making some homemade cleaners with ingredients that are kid-safe. Here are some ideas from DealDash.
What Do I Need to Get Started?
- A few spray bottles. You can purchase some from the dollar store, or clean out your old ones and reuse them.
- Box of baking soda.
- Table salt.
- Bottle of white distilled vinegar.
- Natural liquid soap, such as Dr. Bronner’s or Mrs. Meyer’s.
- Organic essential oils – Your choice, but some good ones to keep on hand are tea tree, lavender, and lemongrass.
- You can use paper towels to clean, or re-use old rags
What Different Cleaners Can I Make?
- Window cleaner
- All-purpose cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Mold killer
- Many others
How Do I Make These Kid- Safe Cleaners?
- Window cleaner – Mix 3 tablespoons white vinegar with 2 cups of water (or for a bigger job – 1/2 cup vinegar to 1 gallon water) and spray directly onto your windows.
Vinegar works great on glass, however it’s rather stinky. If you prefer a non-vinegary window cleaner, you can also use straight fresh lemon juice or club soda to get your windows and other glass items sparkling clean. I personally prefer the vinegar, though, because it can kill (some) kinds of bacteria as well as making the glass shine. Vinegar is great to use in kid-safe cleaning products, and it’s also pet-safe as well.
- All-purpose cleaner – Mix 2 cups water, a few drops of natural soap, and 15 drops each of tea tree and lavender organic essential oil. You can spray this on many kinds of home surfaces such as fabric furniture, baby changing tables, cutting boards, welcome mats, toilets, bath mats, sinks, walls, and more. However, don’t use this on glass, it will cause streaking.
- Toilet cleaner – Add vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda to the toilet bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes. Scrub with a toilet brush. This concoction will also clean sinks to sparkling clean.
- Mold killer – To kill mold or prevent it from growing, mix two cups of water and three drops of tea tree essential oil. Once per week, spray your walls (especially in damp places such as the bathroom and laundry room) with this solution and wipe dry. This mixture fights stains and the natural antiseptic qualities of tea tree oil prevents mold and mildew from growing.
Teach Your Kids, Keep Them Safe
Remember, it’s your responsibility to your kids to teach them how to do chores and clean the house. Otherwise, who will? Start them young, and let them help you clean using these kid-safe cleaners.
I hope that you found this new DealDash article on kid-safe cleaners helpful. If you are shopping for a toy, baby item, gift, or other, check DealDash first. DealDash has it all! Visit DealDash now. DealDash wants to make your home more beautiful. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!