Most people enjoy travelling. Here are some handy tips for the next time you are able to get away for a long weekend or even a full vacation.
There are so many destinations out there that are just waiting to be explored. Travel is one hobby that is enjoyed by almost everyone – no matter what the age, from kid to grandparent and everyone in-between, most people love to get away for a holiday. I enjoy travel very much, and I have picked up quite a few handy tips over the years that might be able to help someone else. Here are some of my handy travel tips.
- Be sure to pack all of your cords – phone cord, laptop cord, iPad cord, etc. If you are going somewhere overseas you might want to invest in a voltage converter.
- Make as many sets of outfits as you are going to be at your destination, plus an extra one. Roll each outfit set with the undergarments and socks on the inside, and then stack your outfit tubes in your luggage. It saves space as well as time. And because they are rolled instead of folded they will have less wrinkles when you unpack them.
- Always remember to bring your toothbrush & toothpaste, your prescription medications, your deodorant, and your PJs.If you are travelling in the USA or Canada it is very likely that you will be able to go to a store and buy anything that you might have forgotten, but don’t count on it. Double-check your packing before you close up your suitcase.
- If you are travelling outside of the USA or Canada, be sure to pack some personal tissue packs and/or travel baby wipes. Many places outside of North America don’t offer free toilet paper in public restrooms. When I was travelling in Beijing there were often people selling small packs of toilet paper outside of public restrooms near tourist attractions.
- Call your bank and credit card company before you leave and put a travel alert on your accounts.Also, be sure to jot down their international customer service number in case you run into trouble while you are away.
- Pack a hat and sunblock, even if you aren’t going to the beach or somewhere traditionally “outdoorsy.” Chances are you will be doing a lot of walking if you are a tourist, and will get a lot more sun than you normally do – so wear your SPF and hat, please!
I hope that you found some of these tips helpful for the next time you travel. If you’re looking for luggage or any other travel supplies be sure to check out DealDash. DealDash has everything you need to make your trip great – from digital cameras to luggage. Just click this link to visit DealDash and see how much you can save. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!