Everyone needs a little pampering sometimes. Here is a recipe for a DIY facial from DealDash.
Have you been looking for a way to unwind after a busy day at the office or at home with the kids? Do you want to do something to relax and also help beautify your skin? Maybe you have a daughter who wants to have a spa day. Everyone deserves some pampering, especially hardworking moms. Here’s your guide to a DIY facial on a budget from DealDash.
- Makeup remover
- Gentle cleanser
- Facial scrub – or Make your own with honey & granulated sugar –
- Face mask – Make it with avocado, banana, and olive oil –
- Get set up. Get your products together, tie back your hair, and put on some relaxing music or light a candle. This routine is easiest in a bathroom or somewhere with easy access to a sink.
- Begin by removing any makeup and washing your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Fill a large bowl with steaming hot water, then hold your face over the bowl and drape a towel over the other side of your face. Remain that way for 5-7 minutes. This is similar to the steam treatment that many professional facials include, and both serve to open up the pores and allow other products to have deeper effects on the skin.
- Exfoliate the skin, either using a store-bought exfoliating scrub or by making your own. A super simple recipe is to combine one part honey with two parts granulated sugar. Sugar is an awesome natural exfoliate, and honey has antimicrobial properties that make it great for skin.
- Do a face mask. There are a variety of store-bought masks available for purchase at a variety of price points, many of which are tailored to certain skin types, or you can make one of your own using ingredients you probably only have in your kitchen. You may want to search online for a recipe that is specific to your skin type or one that uses a certain ingredient, or use this simple recipe: mix together half an avocado, a ripe banana, and one tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl. Apply to the face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel, finish up with a moisturizer and enjoy your glowing skin!
This is only one of many ways to do an at-home facial. You can mix it up with different recipes or products, or you could also combine this activity with painting your nails or deep conditioning your hair for extra relaxation and pampering. However you choose to use these steps, it’s always worthwhile to take some time to unwind and care for yourself.
Thanks for Reading
Thanks so much for reading this DealDash article on doing DIY facials at home. Don’t forget to check back every day for new articles here are well as on our sister blog, DealDash Tips. If you have any requests for specific articles, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Now that you have pampering on your mind be sure to go check DealDash for hair dryers, candles, jewelry and more. DealDash has all of the pampering items that you need. VisitDealDash now to see how much you can save. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!