No matter what kind of pet your family has, from bird to bunny to turtle to the more traditional cat or dog your child should learn how to take care of the family pet.
What kind of pet does your family have? If its a less hands-on pet such as a bird, fish, or reptile the most loving thing that your child can do for the pet is to take good care of it. Taking good care of it means feeding it on schedule, changing its water, and cleaning it’s habitat. As far as I know turtles don’t really enjoy snuggles, so for these finned, shelled, and feathered pets sharing in the work of feeding and cleaning is a great way to help your child show love for your pet.
If your family has a little furry pet such as a hamster, bunny, gerbil, ferret, or guinea pig your child can definitely do all of the chores as discussed above for the more hands-off pets, but when you get into little tiny furry rodent-type pets then taking care of them can be even more fun. All of the pets that I mentioned above like little treats such as alfalfa hay, chew sticks, fruits and veggies, and more. Just read up on your family pet’s favorite snack and let your child show their love for the family pet by giving them little treats. If you start petting and handling these little pets from the time you get them they should enjoy (or at least tolerate!) being petted or held for short periods of time. Encourage your child to pet or hold their little friend for a few minutes every day, at the same time of day as possible. Pets like a routine, and kids usually do best with a routine as well!
If your family is lucky enough to have a cat or a dog then showing love and affection to these types of pets is the easiest! Almost all dogs and cats enjoy being petted. If you have a kitten or a puppy be sure to pet, love, and hug them as much as possible. That way they will come to enjoy and look forward to these hands-on displays of affection and won’t bite or scratch even when your child accidentally gets a little rough with them as little kids tend to do sometimes. Make sure to include your kids by letting them help you with the daily care of walking and grooming your dog, and feeding and playing with your cat.
If you’d like to show your pet some extra love be sure to check out DealDash. DealDash has lots of pet supplies that your cat, dog, or other little animal will love. Check out this link right here and it will take you to DealDash so you can browse the options. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!
When you hear the phrase “outdoor pond” does your mind conjure up a fabulous mansion? The good news is that you can have a pond on a budget in your own backyard.
The great thing about an outdoor pond in your backyard is that you can choose if you want it to be an extremely budget-conscious small one, a medium-sized one, or go all out and break the budget with an extremely large and fancy one. What’s also nice is that you don’t have to get everything all at once. You can start your project, complete the basics, and then add-on more decorative or additional items later on.
Building your own backyard pond can be a bit labor-intensive, but if you put your mind to it (and don’t plan too big of a pond) you can knock this project out in a weekend. Read on for a quick primer of installing your new outdoor pond.
- Tape measure
- Flexible pond liner
- Water pump
- Edging stones
- Heater (optional)
- Use your shovel to remove the grass in and around the area where you want your pond to be located. Remember to remove the grass 6 to 12 inches beyond the perimeter so you’ll have a flat surface.
- Starting along the outside edge, dig out the edging to a depth of around 10 inches. Then remove all dirt within the pond area by layers, digging from the center outwards. Dig out an extra 2 inches deeper for an underlayment. Most people use sand. If you live in a colder climate be sure to create a spot to overwinter plants and fish. In cold areas, you need a zone that won’t freeze to keep your fishies happy. It should be 3 feet deep and 3 feet wide. Don’t place a fountain or pump in this deep zone. Alternately, you could skip the no-freeze zone and purchase a pond heater that you would need to use as soon as the night-time temperatures drop to anywhere near freezing. The top of the finished edging should be 1-2 inches above the area outside your pond to prevent runoff from entering the pond.
- Be sure to inspect the hole for sharp stones or roots and remove them. Flexible liners can easily puncture from rocks, gravel, and other sharp objects. Cushion the liner with an underlayment of some kind. Options include 2 to 3 inches of sand, fiberglass insulation material or newspaper. Place your chosen material in the bottom of the hole and on any shelves cut into the sides of the pond. Also, pack damp sand into any holes in the sidewalls where large rocks were removed.
- Using a partner, drape the liner loosely into the hole with an even overlap on all sides. Then weigh down the edges with a few of the pieces of edging that you are planning on using when the pond is complete. Once the liner is in place to your liking, fill the pond with water. As the pond fills with water, adjust the liner to conform to the sides of the pond, and smooth out as many creases and wrinkles as possible. When the pond is full, trim off excess lining with sharp scissors. Leave enough liner around the pond rim to extend underneath and a few inches behind the first row of edging stones.
- To keep the liner in place while adding your edging stones, push long nails through the liner into the ground every foot or so around the pond rim. You can use natural flat stones that you find yourself for the edging, or you can purchase stones. You can even use driftwood, or bricks. To prevent your stones (or bricks or driftwood) from moving, mortar them in place. Mortar comes premixed and is fairly inexpensive.
- After the liner is installed and the water has been filled then you can add your pump and filter. Please consult your local pet shop to figure out what sort of living animals that you would like to put in your pond, anything from cheapie feeder goldfish, frogs, koi, etc.
I hope that you found this article about backyard pond installation helpful. If you would like to save some money with your project be sure to check out DealDash. DealDash offers both Lowe’s and Petco gift cards up for auction regularly. Check out the Gift Card category on DealDash and see how much you can save! Good luck and happy bidding everyone!
DealDash fish and shellfish basic training is always necessary to those that are attempting to cook fish for the very first time. That is due to the fact that fish, though a pet protein, should be treated a little bit in a different way compared to your conventional chick breast, smoked sausage, or cut of flank steak. It is more fragile than these rest items, and hard enough without fish and shellfish basic training, also one of the most seasoned cooks might wind up generating a rubbery or undercooked plate that no person is particularly thinking about eating, even the most kindest of your visitors. So read these pointers and also get ready to hone your fish-making skills to ensure that you can excite your next dinner party with an impressive item of smoked salmon or mussels sautéed in white wine or an absolutely out-of-this-world crab dip!
The first thing that DealDash fish and shellfish basic training will teach you is that a little citrus goes a long way in the preparation of almost any fish recipe. You must always buy a lemon whenever you acquire some fish or various other fish and shellfish at your neighborhood market. If you are making use of a white fish, merely reduce the lemon in half and squeeze it over the fish before you do anything else. This is called ¨ bathing ¨ the fish, and it will give the final product a depth of flavor that will certainly make their mouths water.
An additional vital point to remember regarding fish is the fact that it could shed its flavor and juiciness rather quickly if you do not treat it right. This is why the second step to learn in DealDash seafood basic training is to put your baking dish in the stove while you preheat it so that it fumes at the same time. This requires having an oven-safe glass casserole dish, which is essential to fish prep work as well as an essential instrument in any kind of equipped cooking area. In this manner, when you placed the fish on the cooking dish, the bottom side will scorch instantly, allow the juices to be closed in.
The final step in the DealDash seafood basic training is to consider not to over-spice it or overcook it. Seafood that originates from the ocean is fresh, savory, as well as tasty, and also you do not should soak the salt or cayenne or oregano like it is a mediocre piece of white poultry. The fish will certainly represent itself highly if treated correctly, if you just let it.
Along with knowing how to cook fish you need to have the right equipment to execute properly. May I suggest you head into DealDash and check out all the great items they have there at incredible prices when won at auction.