Now that winter is upon us, most people have an innate desire to stay indoors. Kids tend to get bored with the same old activities, so here are some new ideas from DealDash to keep things fresh and fun.
Kids have so many more things to do indoors now than when I was a kid. When I was a kid, there were network TV cartoons on the weekend, Legos, and Barbies. Kids of today have practically unlimited games on their iPads, millions of YouTube videos to watch, and cartoons “on demand” through the cable provider. However, as soon as the weather gets nasty and they are forced to stay indoors, what do you hear? “I’m booooooooreddd.” Of course, these are the exact same children that were happy to watch countless hours of TV and iPad when it was nice outside, but I digress. Here are some fun indoor activities for your kids from DealDash.
- Washi tape roads – Pick up a roll of washi tape (paper tape) at your local big box store (I have even seen it at the Dollar Store) and make tape roads on any floor surface. Washi tape is made out of paper and has a rather weak grip, so it’s very easy to remove from wood, tile, and carpet. It’s very similar to painter’s tape but in fun colors and patterns. After you have made your washi tape roads, drive your Hot Wheels cars around on them. This is a really fun activity if you have a large floor space.
- Washi Tic-Tac-Toe – Staying on the washi tape theme, make tic-tac-toe grids on any floor surface. Make them really BIG, and use fun placeholders for your X’s and O’s such as each child’s favorite stuffed animals. You can also make hopscotch grids as well.
- Indoor picnic – Find yourself a basket (any large basket or box will work) and fill it with lunch foods that your kids will enjoy for their indoor picnic. Try juice boxes, water bottles, packets of fruit snacks, string cheese, tubes of yogurt, and sandwiches. Don’t forget to pack plastic forks, paper plates, napkins, and most importantly – a picnic blanket! Have your picnic anywhere you like, except the kitchen. That just isn’t as fun!
- Bake something together. What’s better than family bonding time, a learning experience, and a delicious treat, all with one activity? If sweets aren’t on your family’s menu, try making a pizza together.
- Karaoke dance party – If you have a karaoke machine, great! However, if you haven’t won one on DealDash yet, you can find pretty much any song on YouTube with lyrics printed on the screen, have a Karaoke dance party with your kids in the living room. Choose some popular songs on the radio that they are familiar with (my daughter loves “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift) and add in some favorites from your childhood. It’s extremely funny to hear my daughter sing “Life Is A Highway” by Tom Cochrane. For extra fun, dress up in party clothes!
I hope that you have enjoyed this list of fun indoor activities for your kids. If you still need to find the kids some more indoor toys, be sure to check out DealDash. DealDash has indoor toys for kids of all ages and stages. Visit DealDash now. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!