Since you are probably carving your pumpkins around this time, I figured it was time for a roasted pumpkin seed recipe.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are absolutely delicious, a healthy snack, and fun to make. What’s not to love? You can roast your pumpkin seeds with a basic recipe like the one below, or you can always get creative and add ingredients such as cinnamon and sugar, cayenne pepper, oil and vinegar, cocoa…The varieties are practically endless! Basically, any kind of seasoning that you might add to chips would taste great on roasted pumpkin seeds. Now on to the recipe…
- 1.5 Cups raw pumpkin seeds, cleaned and dried
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F
- Toss seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and salt.
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.
See, isn’t that simple?? These seeds make such a great base to add extra seasonings and flavors. You can also do a lot with these seeds after they have been roasted, such as:
- Add the seeds as a topping for a salad instead of croutons
- Add the seeds in a home-made trail mix with granola and dried fruit
- Put them in tiny bags for your kid’s snack at school
- Bring them with you when you’re out to avoid buying costly and fattening snacks
- Bake them into cookies or brownies
I am in love with these roasted pumpkin seeds, and I look forward to carving the pumpkins with the kids every year so I can make these yummy roasted pumpkin seeds.
If you enjoyed making these roasted pumpkin seeds, you should check out the other recipes here on DealDashReviewed.com – And as always, if you are in need of anything for your kitchen, from knives to pots and pans, be sure to check out DealDash. DealDash has everything you need for the kitchen and more. Just click this link here and it will take you to DealDash. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!