Depending on where you are located school should be over for the summer soon. With the last day of school right around the corner we should make a teacher gift.
My son is in first grade, and his last day of school is coming up in just a couple of weeks. He has a hard time at school, and the teacher and assistants do an excellent job of following his IEP and assisting him in any way possible that helps him be able to learn like an average child. For this caring and concern I think that it would be nice to have him make his teacher a gift for the last day of school. Do you know of a special teacher that could use a little recognition?
The teacher gift that I want to make with my son is inspired by the “diaper cake” phenomenon that has come about for presenting to new Mommies at their baby shower. This gift can be on the cheaper side, mid range, or more expensive depending on where you purchase the supplies to make the “cake”. Here are the supplies needed:
- Small (square) box of tissues
- 1 – 6″ round (approx 3″ tall) box w/lid
- 1 – 8″ round (approx 3″ tall) box w/lid
- 1 – 10″ round (approx 5″ tall) box w/lid
- 12″ cake board
- 15 2 packs glue sticks in their packaging
- 3 yds ribbon
- 16 boxes 24 ct crayons
- 10 – 1 subject notebooks
- 4 – packs of note cards
- Hot Glue gun, hot glue sticks
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the larger round box to the cake board
- Using the hot glue gun, take your largest round box and hot glue the crayon boxes around it, then hot glue the ribbon around the boxes
- Using your hot glue gun, take your medium round box and hot glue the medium round box on top of the larger round box
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the glue sticks around the medium round box, then hot glue the ribbon around the glue sticks packaging
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the smallest box on top of the medium round box
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the notebooks around it, then hot glue the ribbon around the notebooks
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the tissue box on top of the smallest round box
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the packages of note cards around the box, then hot glue ribbon around the note cards
- Using the hot glue gun, hot glue the remaining packages of crayons around the top of the tissue box, then hot glue the ribbon around the crayon boxes
That’s it! Whew! It sounds a lot more complicated than it really is, it’s a quick project that you and your child or grandchild can do together to make their teacher smile. The great thing about this school supply cake is not only is it awesome looking, it’s an extremely useful gift that they will be able to get a lot of uses out of in the following year and be able to save a little money by not having to buy quite so many supplies.
Of course, if you aren’t really the crafty sort, that’s OK, too! Just head on over to DealDash and you will find lots of nice items that would make a great teacher gift for the end of the school year, such as luxurious candles, gift cards, and so much more! Just click this link here and go see how much you can save! Good luck and Happy bidding everyone!