You might not realize how much you need an iPad pillow stand until you have one. Here is a quick and easy lesson to get you started on your road to comfort with your iPad as your co-pilot.
The iPad pillow stand will cushion the iPad and keep it standing, and it will also be a very comfortable stand that can be placed on your lap or stomach while you are reading, FaceTiming, or browsing on DealDash.
- large piece of soft and comfortable yet sturdy cloth for the pillow’s exterior – This should measure at least 16 inches long and 45 inches wide
- Chalk or a fabric pencil
- Sewing needle and thread
- Box cutter/Razor knife
- Large chunk of craft foam for the soft body of the pillow – You can get this at a craft, hobby, or sewing store
- Sewing machine (optional)
- The first thing that you are going to need is a pattern. You can get the pattern from this link right here: http://blog.ipevo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/PadPillow_sewing_pattern.pdf
- Print out the pattern from the link. It will print the size that you need. Cut out the pattern, trace around them on your fabric with the chalk, and then cut out the sections from the cloth with the scissors.
- Follow the directions that are enclosed in the pattern .pdf. You can then sew the pieces together using a sewing machine or the needle and thread. When you’re done sewing all three fabric cutouts together, you’ll have the basic shape of the iPad pillow stand. There will be an unsewn space in the back of the pillow to allow you to stuff the foam inside the fabric stand.
- Next you need to cut the pieces of craft foam. Cut the first piece of craft foam using a ruler and box-cutter-type knife. This smaller piece should measure 12.6 x 9.1 x 1.6 inches.
- After you have cut the basic shape and size then you need to shave down one side of the foam piece to form a semi-triangular shape instead of than leaving it as a simple rectangle.
- After you’re done with the first piece of foam, cut the second triangular piece of foam. This larger piece should measure 6.3 x 5.7 x 12.6 inches where 6.3 inches is the base of the triangle, 5.7 inches is the height, and 12.6 inches is the length.
- Next, put them into the fabric cover that you have sewn. Just add them one at a time, shoving them in through the opening of the fabric cover.
- Lastly, sew up the seam that you have left open.
See, simple, easy, and fun! If you are looking for a project to do with your child, this would be a fun one, as long as your child is responsible enough to use the sharp materials. Please supervise your children closely.
If you’re in need of a new iPad, iPhone, iPod, or other tablet be sure to check out DealDash. Apple products are very popular and come up often on DealDash, be sure to load up your BidBuddy to be sure that you have an edge in the auction! Just click on this link here to be taken to the Apple products on DealDash.