There is just a little bit of summer left before the kids go back to school, here are 5 things that you should do before summer is over.
It’s been a great summer, but all great things must come to an end…At least until next summer, anyway! Here are 5 things that you should definitely do before summer has officially come to an end.
- Go to the beach!! Have you been to the beach yet this year? If you haven’t, it’s definitely time to go. I personally haven’t been this summer, I stayed at home with my baby when the rest of the family went, so this is something that I am going to have to correct over the next few weekends. It’s getting slightly less hot here in New England, so I think it’s about time that the baby gets his first trip to the beach!
- Have a picnic. Picnics are always a great time. I personally like to go to a place called Salem Willows, they have a little boardwalk area, a lot of picnicking space, benches, trees, and even a view of the water. It’s a wonderful place to bring a picnic lunch, walk around, and then to go the boardwalk and get ice cream.
- Shop for summer clothing for next year. They are starting to put the fall and winter clothing out in the stores now, so it’s a great time to shop the clearance racks for summer clothing that you and your family can wear next year. I was just at Target tonight, and I was able to get many, many t-shirts, shorts, sandals, and dresses for my kids for insane deals, from $1-4 dollars! It was amazing. Now is the time to do your shopping, though, if you wait too much longer all of the best deals will be gone.
- Have your friends over for a BBQ. A BBQ is a fun and relatively inexpensive way to have a party with your friends. All you need is some frozen hamburger patties, hot dogs, buns, chips, and some beer & soda and you are all set! You can minimize the mess by using paper plates, plastic utensils, and solo cups. It’s not the most eco-friendly way to party, but all of those items are recyclable, anyway.
- Have a backyard camp out with your kids. I am personally not one to “rough it” in the outdoors too much, but camping in your backyard is a great compromise with your kids if they want to go camping. You can pitch your tent on your deck or in your backyard, get out the flashlights and tell spooky stories, enjoy the sights and sounds of the night, look at the stars…And still be able to go inside and use the bathroom, win-win!
I hope that this list has you thinking of some ways to stretch out the fun just a little bit more this summer. Now that you have a few ideas, you might need to buy some supplies. DealDash has Target gift cards, BBQ grills, and camping supplies. It’s always fun to play and win on DealDash, just click this link right here and you can get started. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!